STEPS FOR THE LOTTERY PROCESS AT NORTH VALLEY ACADEMY
Each year, as per state regulations, admission to public charter schools is done by a lottery process. To learn more about lottery regulations, please click on this link:
Current North Valley Academy students are automatically entitled to enroll the following year without participation in the lottery. Siblings of currently enrolled students, as well children of current staff members, will have priority for admission, subject to space availability, but will need to complete the lottery application.
The lottery does not guarantee admission, but determines preference in filling available spots. Once a grade level is filled, any remaining names are placed on a waiting list for that school year in the order in which their names were drawn in the lottery.
Lotteries are determined by the Head Administrator, based upon enrollment needs.
ENROLLMENT and LOTTERY
If you are interested in applying for the NVA lottery for the 2023-2024 school year, please follow these steps:
- Lottery applications for the 2023-2024 school year are available online and must be submitted electronically.
- Access the application by creating/using your Schoolmint account here: https://nvanm.schoolmint.com/login
- We will begin notifying parents after the lottery drawing if their child has been selected for an enrollment opening at our school for next year. You will receive a registration link and will have 5 days to enroll. After 5 days, the next family on the list will be offered placement. If additional spaces become available, they will be filled in the order of the lottery draw.
- Siblings, as well as children of current staff members, are given priority in the lottery process; you must fill out an electronic application for each child in your family (who you wish to attend NVA) using Schoolmint. There is no guarantee of admission for siblings.
- If an application is improperly filled out, with regard to the grade level of the child, the application will be dismissed.
- Lottery applications are not carried over from one year to the next.
- The date the application is received has no bearing on the lottery drawing order.
- If you are wait-listed, you may be notified throughout the summer if space becomes available.
If you have any questions or need assistance completing your lottery application, please contact the NVA office, at (505) 998-0501, ext. 100 or 138 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in our charter school!